We recognize that preserving natural resources by minimizing adverse environmental impacts is vital, and we are committed to providing all of our customers with high quality, environmentally friendly products. We have a longstanding commitment to conserving natural resources and protecting the health and well-being of our customers.
As a responsible corporate citizen, ACP is dedicated to protecting human health, natural resources, and the global environment. This commitment extends beyond compliance with the law to encompass integration of sound environmental practices into our business decisions.
Our manufacturing facilities continuously pursue methods to further reduce operating emissions, recycle all waste material, and use the safest raw materials with the least environmental impact.
Every employee receives sustainability training pertinent to his/her job responsibility. All plastic, paper, aluminum and wood is recycled in every department.
- Building reuse
- Manufacturing Waste Management – 99% of manufacturing waste is recycled
- Recycled content – up to 60% depending on product
- Regional materials
- Some rapidly renewable materials
- Low-emitting adhesives and sealants
- Low-emitting, water-based paints, coatings and inks
- Low-emitting materials
We recognize that preserving natural resources by minimizing adverse environmental impact is vital, and we’re committed to providing all customers with high-quality, environmentally-friendly products. We have a longstanding commitment to conserving natural resources and protecting the health and well-being of our customers by:
- Reusing and recycling materials and creating products that are recyclable.
- Developing products that are safe for their intended use and will not adversely affect indoor air quality.
- Striving continuously to create new green products and make current products more environmentally efficient.
- Keeping customers informed of the full environmental benefits of products and how to incorporate them into new projects for potential LEED Credits.
Indoor Air Quality
We are dedicated to indoor air quality. Over the last several years, much attention has been focused on air pollution. Until recently, few scientists paid much attention to the quality of air within homes and other buildings, even though U.S. government research indicates people spend approximately 90% of their time indoors. In many cases, the air within buildings can actually be more polluted than the air outside. Given the amount of time most people spend inside, the potential exists for a health-related disaster.
Causes of Indoor Pollutants
Poor indoor air quality can be caused by asbestos, formaldehyde, household cleaning chemicals, lead, nitrogen dioxide, radon, tobacco smoke, breathable particles and biological pollutants like bacteria, mold, mildew and fungus.
Part of the Solution
Our products emit no volatile organic chemicals (VOCs) including formaldehyde, respirable particles, ozone, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and carbon dioxide. See this VOC and Offgassing Report about Genesis Ceiling Tiles.
We are dedicated to environmental sustainability and preservation. Our recycling policies at our factory and the recyclability of our products are just a few ways that we demonstrate that dedication. The benefits of recycling/recyclability are numerous, such as the reprocessing of used materials prevents needless waste from being sent to landfills and reduces the consumption of raw materials.
Why should you care about recycling?
In addition to saving the environment, purchasing a 100% recyclable product has many benefits. Because our products are 100% locally recyclable, when you are disposing of them, no special landfill or recycling fees are required. You can also achieve LEED credits by including recycling in your Construction Waste Management Plan. For more information on LEED credits, please refer to the U.S. Green Building Council Website.
ACP will supply products that promote sustainability. This includes supplying products that are low-emitting, contain recycled material, require low-energy to produce, and are easily maintained. All of ACP’s products are 100% end-of-life recyclable.
- Fasade® Decorative Panels – North Carolina
- Aspect® Peel & Stick Tiles – Wisconsin, South Carolina, China, India
- CeilingMAX® Surface Mount Grid System – Wisconsin
- GridMAX® Vinyl Grid Covers – Wisconsin
- HG-Grid® Suspended Vinyl Grid System – Wisconsin
- Palisade® Waterproof Wall Tiles – Belgium
- Genesis® Waterproof Ceiling Panels – China
- Lico® Flooring – Switzerland
- Classic Cliq® Metal Ceiling Grid – Germany
- Cre8tive Hardware® – China
- Great Lakes Tin® Genuine Tin Ceilings – Florida